Race the Mountain Bike enduro series that rocks!
Round 5, 12 September 2015 // Mount Annan, NSW
(last updated: Wed, 9 September)
This round is held at The Australian Botanic Garden, Mt Annan, where Rocky Trail has hosted mountain bike races since 2011! It’s a nicely challenging, but rewarding 10km loop and the event centre is on a big meadow near the Big Ideas Garden. Please check out the information below and the garden entry and exit times and locations in particular. Thanks – see you on the weekend!
Share your race experience with us – use the official event hashtags:
(incl. live updates during the event and series progress results)
We want to reward as many riders as possible with prizes across the series. We will be looking after and welcoming our elite racers as we have in previous years and our focus in 2015 is to deliver a series that is less of a winners-only-focused competition, but a positive and inclusive experience for all participants.
What you race for:
- GC podium places will receive a certificate and a prize
- Age category podium places will receive a certificate of achievement
- Series GC podium places will receive a special trophy and certificate
- Series Category podium places will receive a special trophy and certificate
- Online registration closes on Friday, 11 September at 6pm.
- Age determination day is December 31 of the current racing year, meaning how old you are at the end of the year determines which category you can race.
- If you are racing in a team where riders fall in different age groups the following rules apply:
- If all team riders are over 19 years old then the youngest defines the age group.
- If one team rider is under 19 then the average age will define the age group.
- Each rider needs to agree to our General Race Rules
- Each rider needs to sign our Race Waiver; parents or guardians needs to sign on behalf of riders younger than 18 years (bring signed copy or sign on the day) – download here (PDF).
- Every entrant to a race needs an MTBA racing licence or purchase a $20 day licence with Rocky Trail (available online through sign-up process).
>> Important note – SHIMANO MTB GP Series points
Our new timing system allows us to calculate series points at the click of a button, thanks to our genius partner from RaceResult.com and Martin’s inner nerd.
What we are asking is that you keep your Team Name exactly the same throughout the entire series – it’s the field that collates laps and race times during the race and important for the series points calculation as well. Solo riders who didn’t specify a team (sponsor) name will notice, that we used their First+Last Name for that purpose.
We will be able to have live timing at Mount Annan, so stay tuned via our website results portal. We should have a preliminary rider list online by Thursday.
>> What’s included in your race entry
- Free rider photos by OuterImage.com.au
- Ticket for your chance to pick a sponsor prize from the Rocky Trail bazaar OR to go into the draw for a major prize
- Entry for spectators is free.
Rocky Trail Entertainment also offers free kids activities on race-day with games, colouring-in competitions and a junior race.
Here is some Mt Annan-specific venue information, for a smooth arrival, safe race and exciting stay:
- On FRIDAY, the Bot. Garden main gates on Narellan Road close at 5pm.
- Camping won’t be available on the garden grounds overnight.
- NEW access times:
On SATURDAY, enter via the old gate on Mt Annan Drive between 7am-8am.
- ***NEW extended access times:
On SATURDAY, from 8am, supporters and spectators can now enter via the main gate on Narellan Road.
- Here is a map from our JetBlack24H race, which indicates the gate locations.
- Once inside the garden, please follow the signs to the Enduro Trail.
- Please follow instructions from rangers regarding parking and set up.
- If you still need accommodation, please contact our hotel partner Rydges Campbelltown. Go to www.priorityguestrewards.com.au and make your booking using Rocky Trail Entertainment’s special corporate Priority Guest Rewards number PC155698.
- Here is a link to other accommodation options in the area
Mount Annan is 57 km from the Sydney CBD, about 45 minutes drive from the city.
Car: from the east: from the M5 Motorway take the Camden exit. Take the right fork on Tourist Drive 18 (Camden Narellan Rd) for 1 km. Turn left into the garden.
from the west: Northern Road to Narellan, left on to Camden Valley Way and right at Narellan Rd.
It is a public MTB track and you can ride it in the lead up to the race. Go here for details: http://www.rbgsyd.nsw.gov.au/annan/cycling
There is plenty of parking right at the event centre. You can come and go freely throughout the event; the race track will not cross the access road to the car park. We will probably do an opening loop of the fire trail you use to get into the car park, but from lap two the race track is a closed off circuit.
The track is approx 10km with 200m of climbing per lap – we will use the full loop available. The weather forecast is ideal with nice spring weather predicted.
However, please be aware that we do have a plan B and track, in case of wet weather, which we put together as a precaution already for last year’s JetBlack 24 Hour event there. It will include a big fire trail loop around the cross-country track; we have the option to us parts of the XC track and go in and out to the fire trail as well. Parts of the XC loop are less sensitive to wet weather.
Food and drinks will be available all day including deliciously invigorating coffee, hot and cold drinks, yummy snacks and hearty pasta meals.
Water – there is a tab with drinking water – right at the event centre too.
- Free kids race will be happening around midday
- Pink First Aid will be looking after us
- The SHIMANO crew will be there, racing with us
- Flow Bikes will offer tech support. While you are there check out their Mondraker range of bikes that they bring into the country.