Race the Mountain Bike enduro series that rocks!
Round 6, 3 October 2015 // Mowbray Park Farm, Picton, NSW
(last updated: Tue, 29 September)
This round is held at Mowbray Park Farm in Picton and will be the very first official mountain bike race on their brand-new trails. A big thanks to the farm owners for inviting us to hold the final series round on their beautiful property and a big shout-out to the trail builders of the Wollondilly Macarthur MTB Club for all their work in recent months. Thanks – see you on the weekend!
Share your race experience with us – use the official event hashtags:
(incl. live updates during the event and series progress results)
We will be awarding overall series titles after the race ceremonies of both the 4 hour and 7 hour events – the top 3 winners in each general classification and age group will be presented with a trophy. Best four out of possible six race results count – see our rules and regulations for the details.
- Please note, to take home the physical series trophy, riders will need to be present at the ceremony.
If you’re not present at the race/ceremony and get a series placing (1/2/3), you’ll still be the series place getter and claim the title so to say. However, the physical trophy can only be awarded in person or you can pick it up from us. We can also email through the certificate file upon request. Thanks for your understanding.
We want to reward as many riders as possible with prizes across the series. We will be looking after and welcoming our elite racers as we have in previous years and our focus in 2015 is to deliver a series that is less of a winners-only-focused competition, but a positive and inclusive experience for all participants.
What you race for:
- GC podium places will receive a certificate and a prize
- Age category podium places will receive a certificate of achievement
- Series GC podium places will receive a special trophy and certificate
- Series Category podium places will receive a special trophy and certificate
- To take home the physical series trophy, riders will need to be present at the ceremony.
>> Important note – SHIMANO MTB GP Series points
Our new timing system allows us to calculate series points at the click of a button, thanks to our genius partner from RaceResult.com and Martin’s inner nerd.
What we are asking is that you keep your Team Name exactly the same throughout the entire series – it’s the field that collates laps and race times during the race and important for the series points calculation as well. Solo riders who didn’t specify a team (sponsor) name will notice, that we used their First+Last Name for that purpose.
- Online registration closes on Friday, 2 October at 6pm.
- Age determination day is December 31 of the current racing year, meaning how old you are at the end of the year determines which category you can race.
- If you are racing in a team where riders fall in different age groups the following rules apply:
- If all team riders are over 19 years old then the youngest defines the age group.
- If one team rider is under 19 then the average age will define the age group.
- Each rider needs to agree to our General Race Rules
- Each rider needs to sign our Race Waiver; parents or guardians needs to sign on behalf of riders younger than 18 years (bring signed copy or sign on the day) – download here (PDF).
- Every entrant to a race needs an MTBA racing licence or purchase a $20 day licence with Rocky Trail (available online through sign-up process).
We will be able to have live timing at Round 6, so stay tuned via our website results portal. We should have a preliminary rider list online by Thursday. Live updates will be posted via our Twitter portal – a feed is available on our website also.
>> What’s included in your race entry
- Free rider photos by OuterImage.com.au
- Ticket for your chance to pick a sponsor prize from the Rocky Trail bazaar OR to go into the draw for a major prize
- Entry for spectators is free.
Rocky Trail Entertainment also offers free kids activities on race-day with games, colouring-in competitions and a junior race.
- All cabins and rooms have been booked at Mowbray Park Farm, however, camping is available on both Friday and Saturday nights for $20 per person. We are looking forward to a social get together on the Saturday night to celebrate the final round of the series.
- Here is a link to other accommodation options in the area
Address: 745 Barkers Lodge Rd, Picton NSW 2571
Set on a working farm that dates from 1822, this traditional rural lodging is located 8 km from Picton, South of Sydney.
Mowbray Park is just 90 minutes drive from Sydney (CBD). From the city make your way to the M5 Motorway and follow until the Wollongong/Picton exit. Drive into Picton, turn left at the ‘Mittagong’ sign into Argyle Street, travel 200 metres before turning right at the ‘Oakdale’ sign, directly after Stonequarry Bridge, this is Barker’s Lodge Road (our road). Continue along this road for 8kms to the Mowbray Park Main Entrance (look for the white entry gates) on the left hand side at the top of the hill.
Important Hint: If you are using a navigation device it seems that some recognise 765 Barkers Lodge Road but not the farm address 745 Barkers Lodge Road. So load 765 and that will bring you past the main farm entrance (765 is about 200m up the road past our place); remember to glance to the left when you come up the hill, you cannot miss it.
There is plenty of parking right at the event centre. Please follow instructions by event and farm staff.
We put together a blog about the trail with photos from the farm. Round 6 of the SHIMANO MTB GP Series 2015 is the very first event on this brand-new venue! Registered riders will be allowed to do a practice lap on Friday afternoon from 4pm due to ongoing farm activities before that during the day.
Food and drinks will be available all day including deliciously invigorating coffee, hot and cold drinks, yummy snacks and hearty pasta meals.
Water – please bring plenty of water with you as we expect a warm day.
- Free kids race will be happening around midday
- Pink First Aid will be looking after us
- The SHIMANO crew will be there, racing with us
- Flow Bikes will offer tech support. While you are there check out their Mondraker range of bikes that they bring into the country.