Come away with us for the October Long-Weekend: 29 September to 1 October 2018!
We’re taking you to Greenvalleys MTB Park in the beautiful Illawarra just inland from Shellharbour. Riding and racing and exploring the beautiful coastline down South? Then this is for you!
Hosted by the Greenvalleys MTB Park, this event will include:
- Saturday: Fox Superflow, sealed by Stan’s
- Sunday: Shuttle day and DH practice – add this separately when you sign up online, please!
- Monday: RedAss Downhill Finale
Riding and racing and exploring the beautiful coastline down South? Then this is for you – here’s a little teaser for ‘heaps of’ Rocky Trail Entertainment! This event sold out last year, so with a third day everyone will get in lots of riding and racing this year! – The perfect ‘little holiday’, we think!
$79 Adult Entry (no shuttles) | $55 Junior Entry (no shuttles) U19 and younger
Important: There won’t be shuttles for the Superflow on Saturday and you will need to ride to the top for all runs including practice.
- 8 am – 9 am Registration open for Superflow
- 9 am Rider briefing at event centre
- 9 am – 10.30 am Practice
- 10.30 am – 4 pm Race runs – you can choose the order in which you do your race runs.
- 2 tracks – 2 runs on each track – you get up to 5 runs per track and the fastest 2 count.
- U13 and U15 only need to clock in 1 run per track but also get multiple runs. There will be NO shuttles allowed – you have to ride to the start.
- 4 pm Last Race Run
- 4.30 pm est. Ceremony
Sunday – Shuttle day, add separately when you sign up online
$45 add-on when you sign up online
- 8 am – 10 am Registration open for DH
- 9 am Rider briefing at the event centre
- 9 am – 4 pm Practice for all DH competitors who purchased a shuttle pass.
- 9 am – 4 pm Superflow trails will be open for riders who purchased a shuttle pass.
- 4 pm More activities, including Dharco Whip Offs
$95 Adult Entry (incl. Monday shuttles) | $75 Junior Entry (incl. Monday shuttles) U19 and younger
- 8.45 am – 9 am Registration open for DH
- 9 am – 11 am Practice for all DH competitors. Superflow trails will be closed on Monday.
- 11 am – 11.30 am Seeding runs for Junior categories – no dedicated start order.
- You get 1 run to determine your seeding time.
- 11.30 am – 1 pm Seeding runs for all DH categories – no dedicated start order.
- You get 1 run to determine your seeding time.
- 1.30 pm Race runs for all DH categories
- Elite and U19: slowest to fastest from seeding run
- all other categories: fastest to slowest from seeding run
- approx 4 pm RedAss DH Ceremony
How to register and Packages:
- Sign up via the Fox Superflow OR RedAss Downhill website for your event.
- Add the Sunday shuttle day separately when you sign up for either or both race online – places are limited!
- Shuttles for the Downhillers on Monday are included in the entry.
- Double race passes (Saturday + Monday):
- $136 Adult Superflow + Downhill Entry (Saturday + Monday)
- $110 Junior Superflow + Downhill U19 and younger Entry (Saturday + Monday)
Please note that spots are limited to:
- 320 for the Fox Superflow on Saturday.
- We have 200 shuttle passes available for Sunday.
- 170 spots available for the RedAss Downhill race.
What you get:
- Race plate with timing chip
- LIVE timing and results
- Free race photos for download from OuterImage
- Free Bear Naked Energy Bar
- First Aid Service
The GV crew is offering free camping with basic amenities (toilets, no showers).
Alternatively, check out the local tourism websites for local accommodation options in the region – Shellharbour with beach and cafes and pubs is only about 30 min drive away!
Accommodation offer – Sovereign Inn Motel in Wollongong
The Sovereign Inn Wollongong is located at 111 Princes Hwy, Figtree and only a short distance from Tongarra and the Greenvalleys MTB Park.
55 rooms offering queen, twin & family accommodation, each with their own ensuite
- All rooms feature: TV, fridge, tea/coffee making facilities, Iron & ironing board, hair dryer, Reverse cycle Air conditioning & some rooms with fans
- Guest laundry
- BBQ for guests
- Breakfast restaurant & bar
- Separate pool table area adjacent to the bar
- On-site parking in front of the rooms with ample parking for larger vehicles & coaches
- Free WIFI
Room rates start from $117 per night and the restaurant is open for breakfast 7 days a week, and dinner from Monday to Thursday. Book via 02 4271 1122 or email email@example.com
How to get to Greenvalleys:
Venue: Greenvalleys MTB Park at Tongarra, NSW in the Foothills of the Macquarie Pass National Park – just punch in Tongarra, NSW on Google maps or your GPS NAV device – get on the Illawarra Hwy and you can’t miss it.
A note on race plate positioning
At the last race in July 2018 we had a few problems with plates that weren’t attached properly and our aim is always a 100% success rate when it comes to timing our races. Please help us achieve that!
In order to assure that the timing chips on the back of your number plates ‘fire’ when you cross the finish mat, please follow those rules when attaching it to your bike. Please make sure that:
- you attach it only onto the handlebar using the holes already in the plate
- the chip on the back of the plate doesn’t touch any part of your frame or handlebar
- you don’t cut, punch extra holes or alter the number plate
Event centre set up:
Catering, Food & Drinks:
We will have our caterer provide delicious food all weekend – serving pasta, nachos, burritos as well as snacks with fresh fruit salads, yoghurt and sweet treats. And, of course, steaming, hot coffee and cold drinks.
Will be provided by Flow Mountainbikes and Mondraker Australia
Basic amenities will be provided (toilets, no showers). Please also bring your own water.
Note, that this is a dog-friendly venue.
provided by Pink First Aid
With thanks to: