Online registration for the 2019 edition will open a few months before the race.
If you register a team you will need a valid email address from every team member as well as know their full name, gender and date of birth.
JetBlack 24 Minute Kids race and JetBlack Time Trial
To register your kid(s) please send us an email with their name, d.o.b and the name of their guardian at the race. Entry to the kids races is free. You can also sign up the kids on Saturday afternoon.
2018 Entry fees and categories
Race and Format Race category Team gender Team race entry
Solo Male / Female $ 140
Team 2 Male / Female / Mixed $ 250
Team 3 Male / Female / Mixed $ 375
Team 4 Male / Female / Mixed $ 500
Team 6 Open $ 600
Junior Team 4 Male / Female / Mixed $ 260
Solo Male / Female $ 115
Team 2 Male / Female / Mixed $ 220
Team 3 Male / Female / Mixed $ 330
Team 4 Male / Female / Mixed $ 440
Junior Team 4 Male / Female / Mixed $ 240
We will run the following age groups in the 24 Solo race
Male Under 23 Female Under 23
Male 23-29 Female 23-29
Male 30-39 Female 30-39
Male 40-49 Female 40-49
Male 50-59 Female 50-59
Male 60+ Female 60+
There will be an additional podium for the 3 fastest male and female Single Speed riders. You need to race the entire race exclusively on Single Speed bikes and tick the Single Speed box when registering.
Age determination date is race day, which means the age you are at the date of the race determines the age group you are racing in.
You can not choose to ride in a different age group.
We will run the following age groups in the 6+6 Solo race
Male Elite Female Elite
Male 40-49 Female 40-49
Male 50+ Female 50+
- There will be an additional podium for the 3 fastest male and female Single Speed riders. You need to race the entire race exclusively on Single Speed bikes and tick the Single Speed box when registering.
- Age determination date is race day, which means the age you are at the date of the race determines the age group you are racing in.
- You can choose to ride in your age group or Elite.
- Junior Teams – requirement for all team members to be 18 years or younger on race day.
Miniumum age for solo is 18, teams of 2 and 3 is 16 years, for teams of 4 and 6 is 12 years on race day. Exceptions to the rule are possible – send us an email to discuss.
- Master Teams – requirement for all team members to be 40+ or older on race day.
We will offer this category if more than 3 teams sign up.
- Team 6 OPEN is a category that is not divided into age groups or gender categories. All teams in this category race against each other.
- Prices include GST
- Registration closes Thursday night before the event at 9pm unless all 350 spots have been filled previously.
- There is no on the day registration
- You do not need to be a member of any cycling association to enter.
- You are responsible for your own personal accident insurance. Your own Medicare or Private Health insurance has always been the first contact point when it comes to personal accidents.
- Each rider needs to agree to our General Race Rules
- Each rider needs to sign our Race Waiver which can be read here; parents or guardians needs to sign on behalf of riders younger than 18 years.
In case you can’t make it to the event you can transfer it to someone else or use it for a future event, but you have to let us know at least 1 week before the event by sending an email to email@example.com
We the event organisers reserve the right to cancel the race at any time and the race may be cancelled by us due to fire, storm, rain, inclement weather, wind, venue closure, or any other circumstances. If conditions do warrant the postponement of the event, Rocky Trail Entertainment will endeavour to set an alternative date and possibly location and entry fees and registration details will be transferred to that alternative race.
If a rider cannot participate on the alternative race date set we ask that the riders/teams inform us immediately after the announcement of the alternative date. We will then refund 50% of the original registration fee paid.
If conditions warrant the cancellation of the event and no alternative racing date or location can be set riders will receive a discount towards a future Rocky Trail Event worth at least 80% of the paid registration fee.
Racing Fee Refund requests
If you can’t make it to the race email us – we can almost certainly help you out and transfer parts or all of the entry fee over to a future Rocky Trail event.
If racing in the future is not an option see the refund cut off dates and associated refund scale below. All refund requests must be made via email prior to the scheduled refund cut-off dates as outlined below.
up to 14 days before the event: 80%
up to 7 days before the event 50%
less than 7 days before the event: 0%
For further questions, please contact Rocky Trail Entertainment via firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0403 090952.